You looking for a Buddy? Well, here I am!
Yes, Buddy is my name, and I’m 2-years old. I love attention from people, but do not do well with dogs and cats, so for now my only buddies can be humans.
Being an active boy, I would do best in an active family. My foster dad says I’m so active outdoors it’s almost to the point of anxious energy. I’m often on the lookout for what’s going on outside. Birds and small animals capture my attention. And once I get out, I race around in the backyard to check out everything I’ve observed from the back door. I am on anxiety meds, but a fenced in yard where I can burn energy is great “medicine” too!
I am a wonderful houseguest. I love hanging out with you, being petted and am a very good boy. I play with some toys now and look for attention from foster dad. He says I’ll take as much as he’ll give me and that’s so true! At night I sleep outside his bedroom. I’ve been polite and don’t come into his room unless he calls me. I have been to a dog sitter and she says Iam the best boy to have around.
Foster dad thinks I’m very smart and learn quickly. (I heard him say that!) I would love to go to training and could be a star student! I might even enjoy agility or nosework. Both of those sound like fun!
A few additional things you might like to know:
- I’m housebroken!
- Sometimes things startle me like alarms or a sudden noise from the dishwasher. Yet storms don’t bother me much.
- I came to As Good as Gold pretty skinny. But I’ve been very happy to eat my meals! The servings are larger than most dogs get, so I have gained some weight, and the vet is pleased with the results.
- I’m good on a leash, maybe not perfect, and I don’t mind when my collar’s put on.
- I like to eat lots of things in the yard, so I need supervision at all times. Foster dad has me on a long leash outside and I am much better.
- When foster dad leaves the house, he gives me a treat and I am good being left out in the house. I don’t bother anything. My crate is there, but I really don’t need it.
- Joining my forever family might bring me one buddy or many buddies! I can’t wait to find out!