You looking for a Buddy? Well, here I am!
Yes, Buddy is my name, and I’m 1-year old. I love attention from people, but do not do well with dogs and cats, so for now my only buddies can be humans.
Being an active boy, I would do best in an active family. My foster dad says I’m so active outdoors it’s almost to the point of anxious energy. I’m often on the lookout for what’s going on outside. Birds and small animals capture my attention. And once I get out, I race around in the backyard to check out everything I’ve observed from the back door. I am on anxiety meds, but a fenced in yard where I can burn energy is great “medicine” too! Foster dad has noticed that this summer heat has slowed me down a bit also.
I’ve begun to settle more while indoors. I play with some toys now and look for attention from foster dad. He says I’ll take as much as he’ll give me and that’s so true! At night I sleep outside his bedroom. I’ve been polite and don’t come into his room unless he calls me.
Foster dad thinks I’m very smart and learn quickly. (I heard him say that!) For example, If I bark at noises or dogs and foster dad says, “No bark,” I’m pretty good about listening to him. He also corrects me if I try a little dirt digging. I understand his stern voice.
A few additional things you might like to know:
- I’m housebroken!
- Sometimes things startle me like alarms or a sudden noise from the dishwasher. Yet a storm that came through the other day didn’t bother me much.
- I came to As Good as Gold pretty skinny. But I’ve been very happy to eat my meals! The servings are larger than most dogs get, so I have gained some weight, and the vet is pleased with the results.
- I’m good on a leash, maybe not perfect, and I don’t mind when my collar’s put on.
- I like to eat lots of things in the yard, so I need supervision at all times.
- When foster dad leaves the house, he gives me a treat and I readily head into my crate. When he returns, he finds me relaxing in my crate and then sees that I’m excited that he’s returned!
Joining my forever family might bring me one buddy or many buddies! I can’t wait to find out!