We want the adoption and foster process to go as smoothly as possible for the adoptive home and the golden in our care. Therefore, As Good as Gold has the following policies:
- AGaG does not adopt to families with children under age 6 residing in their house full time or part time.
- AGaG does not allow foster or adoptive families to use any of the following training devices on our dogs; choke chains, chain collars of any kind, prong collars or shock collars.
- AGaG will not adopt to anyone who has an invisible fence unless they are willing to use another method to control the dog outside such as a wood fence or a tie out.
- AGaG does not adopt to people under the age of 23.
- Some dogs are adopted with obedience class required as a special condition of their contract. Classes for all dogs adopted through AGaG are required to be positive reinforcement only.
- AGaG will not adopt to people whose dogs have not been given consistent vet care. A dog needs to be given regular vaccines including Rabies and Distemper – DHPP (we accept titer testing) and also annual heartworm testing and monthly heartworm prevention.
- AGaG does not guarantee the health of any of our dogs. All dogs are given a physical exam; rabies and DHPP vaccinations; a heartworm test; and are spayed or neutered prior to placement.
- If a dog can’t be spayed or neutered due to medical reasons prior to placement (including puppies), it will be a condition of adoption that the dog is fixed within a specified amount of time. The procedure will be paid for by AGaG as long as the dog is taken to an approved AGaG veterinarian. If the dog is not taken to an AGAG approved vet (barring emergency), AGaG will not reimburse the charges.
- AGaG primarily adopts to families in Illinois, Northwest Indiana and the southern most counties of Wisconsin.
- AGaG reserves the right to adopt or decline to adopt dogs in its sole discretion, at any point in the application or adoption process.
If you have questions about any of these policies or how they may apply to you, please feel free to contact us. Visit our Contact Us page for details on how to reach us.