Sawyer is a courtesy cross-posting for GRRoW. Please contact them with any questions.
Sawyer (21-041) is looking for his perfect forever home! Sawyer is a very easy dog and doesn’t have an aggressive bone in his body! He is terrified of moving cars so he would much prefer living in a quiet peaceful countryside setting! He will also require a physical fence, as he is still a high flight risk.
He is from a hoarding house originally, so he missed out on early critical socialization. What does this mean? Mainly that human touch and attention is utterly foreign and not relaxing for him.
He is a very easy & quiet boy to live with. He is house-trained, crate-trained and loves his leash walks/hikes through the woods. He had a very rough start to life and needs someone that is looking for a buddy but not a cuddle kind of dog. He is a careful dog and his world is slowly widening as he experiences new things.
His ideal people:
- Are patient and understand forcing affection on him will not convince him to “like petting.”
- Live somewhere more rural – he loves, loves, loves long hikes on a long line but is phobic of cars. He will bolt and not look back.
- Will have at least one other dog – he is dog tolerant, gets along easily but is not interested in play, etc., except if it is snowing. He does prefer female dogs.
- Will be happy to provide him comfy areas around the house. As he grows more comfortable, he expands his comfort zone and will choose to be quietly nearby.
- Are open to the idea of providing a true “rescue” home that is more about meeting his needs than satisfying their own dreams about what a dog can fulfill for a human.
- Crate trained
- House Trained
- Walks well on leash (if there are no moving cars)
- Volunteers for his leash to be put on once comfortable
- Cat safe and enjoys hanging out with barn cats or when the cats join on walks.