COURTESY POSTING FOR GRRoW
Carl is a 7-year-old Golden Doodle that was raised in a home where he was tossed aside once they started having children. They never let him play with the kids because they thought he was too big. He was never really socialized and can sometimes be leash aggressive towards other dogs, although he is currently doing well with other dogs in the fence next to him. He is very smart and loves to play with puzzle balls. He just needs someone to give him a chance and to work with him on his leash skills (he can be very strong).
- Leash walking continues to be a challenge and with 89 pounds behind him he can pull hard. We try to stay away from distractions and especially other dogs.
- When Carl is busy sniffing and exploring, he will often ignore your commands so a fenced in yard is a must.
- This independent, stubborn golden loves attention and to be petted, though he is not cuddly.
- He stays off of furniture but loves to go on beds.
- Carl rides well in the car.
- He takes treats gently unless he is excited and responds to treats unless his attention is elsewhere.
- He will run out an open door because he is excited but does not mind being alone in the house up to 6-7 hours.
- He is reactive to dogs he meets on leash but at the kennel he walks past barking dogs without acknowledging them.
- He can be very vocal and will bark at strangers but then settles down.
- Carl enjoys teen boys and playing with them but would probably knock over a younger child.
- He eats his food quickly and would benefit from a puzzle bowl.
- He can be protective of high value items.
- This is a smart golden aware of his surroundings who can be described as a big goof ball who reminds you of an old man with lots of energy.
- He will follow you around the house all the time.
- Carl is looking for a home with a fenced in yard and someone who will give him the attention he deserves.
- Carl will do well in a home without any other dogs, young children or cats.
Check out Carl‘s updates at: https://grrow.org/dogs/carl21-027
Carl came from the humane society and experiences some resource guarding and definite dog to dog aggression. In a home without any dogs, children or cats he is doing well. He would benefit from a fenced in yard but does need a little more exercise as he has some weight take off. He is good with a
If you are interested in giving Carl a forever home please reach out to the Foster Coordinator at Golden Retriever Rescue of WI (GRRoW) firstname.lastname@example.org. Please leave your phone number if you would like a call back.