As the State of Illinois moves into Phase Three, As Good as Gold has made changes to some of our procedures. These changes have been made to comply with state and CDC guidelines and for the safety of our volunteers and of our dogs.
Adoption applications are now being accepted. The home visit, which has always been a part of the adoption process, will be done virtually. You must be willing and able to conduct a home visit virtually, ie Zoom, Skype or similar.
When a potential dog match has been found, your visit to the foster family will follow CDC* and Illinois Phase Three guidelines** and take place outside. All paperwork will be provided prior to your visit and should be brought to the meeting completed.
Intakes of new dogs continue to be accepted also following CDC* and Illinois Phase Three guidelines**.
We appreciate your understanding in complying with these new procedures for the health and safety of you, our volunteers, and the dogs. The Board will continue to keep ourselves informed by the facts. Watch our website and your email for future updates.
AGaG Board of Directors
* Illinois – Phase 3
- All gatherings of 10 people or fewer are allowed with this limit subject to change based on latest data & guidance
- Face coverings and social distancing are the norms.
** CDC Guidelines – How to Protect Yourself & Others[https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/prevent-getting-sick/prevention.html]
- Wash your hands often and avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Avoid close contact. Remember that some people without symptoms may be able to spread virus.
- Stay at least 6 feet from other people.
- Cover your mouth and nose with a cloth face cover when around others.
- Cover coughs and sneezes.