I’m available for adoption, but before reading more specifics, let me tell you my story.
I’m around one-year old, but my life history so far is worth movie rights I’ll bet!
I was born in China. Someone found me with my leg caught in a bear trap. Well, I didn’t know it was a bear trap. Only thing I knew was I was stuck, and my leg hurt!
The next step wasn’t much better because I was being dragged off to be slaughtered for the meat trade. Then, thank goodness, a VERY good Samaritan stepped in and rescued me and took me to China Rescue Dogs. Another “thank goodness” is the relationship between China Rescue Dogs and U.S. rescues. Next thing I knew I found myself on an airplane headed for the United States!
I was taken to Wisconsin and placed in a foster home near the University of Wisconsin Veterinary Clinic in Madison. I had to have two toes amputated. They took great care of me, and everyone fell in love with me. What can I say, I am a pretty great guy even though I have been through so much in my first year of life.
It was decided that my care could be more readily managed through AGaG, so now I find myself in a home with a foster mom and dad and a yard covered in soft grass where I can tumble and run at my leisure. I am a friendly, happy boy despite my leg being a little different. It is shorter than my other leg, but it certainly doesn’t stop me from using it to run, walk, play, and go up and down the stairs. I can even do zoomies around the yard! I have a heart of gold and am ready to share it with my very own family!
More about Morgan:
- He has had several surgeries. His most recent surgery was July 26. He just had a follow up vet visit, and his foot has completely healed. Morgan’s leg is deformed, but he can get around for sure!
- He loves going for walks and does great! He doesn’t wear his boot anymore and runs and walks with only an occasional hop or limp.
- Morgan is potty trained—now that’s quite a feat considering how he lived previously! (Knowledgeable foster mom!)
- Crate trained
- Knows the commands sit, come, inside, outside
- Working on engaging with other dogs as Morgan is a bit of a rough player. He’s protective of his toys, people, and his space (he probably had to protect food and favorite things in his past.) He piles his toys in a heap and lies on top of them! He should be the only dog in his forever home.
- Loves playing fetch.
- It’s unknown how he might engage with children
- Also, he is a bunny and squirrel addict! Obsessed! Looks out the window for anything that is moving.
Watch a video of me!