Please read below for AGaG's adoption and foster policies:
- Due to the type of dogs our rescue takes in, AGaG does not adopt to families with children under age 6 residing in their house full time or part time.
- AGaG will not adopt a dog to anyone with an unaltered dog residing in their home. If the dog is unaltered for medical reasons, the reasons will need to be disclosed and consideration will be given.
- AGaG does not allow foster or adoptive families to use any of the following training devices on our dogs; choke chains, chain collars of any kind, prong collars, or shock collars.
- AGaG will not adopt to anyone who has an invisible fence unless they are willing to use another method to control the dog outside such as a wood fence or a tie out.
- If a dog is adopted with obedience class written as a special condition of their contract, the class is required to be positive reinforcement only. Additionally, any class that an adopted AGaG dog attends is required to be positive reinforcement only.
- AGaG does not guarantee the health of any of our dogs. All dogs are given a physical exam; rabies, DHLPP, and bordatella vaccinations; a heartworm test; and are spayed or neutered prior to placement.
- If a dog can't be spayed or neutered due to medical reasons prior to placement (including puppies), it will be a condition of adoption that the dog is fixed within a specified amount of time and will be paid for by AGaG as long as the dog is taken to an approved AGaG veterinarian. If the dog is not taken to an AGAG approved vet (barring emergency), AGaG will not reimburse the charges.
If you have questions about any of these policies or how they may apply to you, please feel free to contact us. Visit our Contact Us page for details on how to reach us